Monday, August 10, 2009

Updates from Full Cycle's Venus de Miles Club

Full Cycle's Venus de Miles Club learns how to fix a flat


Hey there Venus blog readers! So a few weeks ago about 10 of us met in the side yard at Full Cycle in Boulder for a Fix a Flat clinic. It was the first time I was to teach a clinic and I was nervous! I wasn't sure weather to talk about just fixing a flat or should I talk about nutrition, Chamis butter, shifting... I mean there is so much to I want to share where do we begin! The gals showed up and we began. I am not sure if you have been on a Venus club ride but the gals are amazing. So easy and fun. My nervousness started to ease. I had all our stuff out so if there was a question I would have an example and hopefully an answer. We began with how do you start to get ready for a ride. What do YOU need, what do I need. What is a good breakfast? Then we dove into how to get the wheels on and off. I think we spent most of the time doing just that. Every bike is different. During this time we talked about shifting and gears and what do they all mean. It was so much fun and we all learned a ton! In ususal form of the VdM Woman's Cycling Club supported each other, learned, and laughed!

The ladies, posing in their Venus kits

Some Club ladies out for a ride

From Karli Gronholm, owner of Full Cycle and co-founder of Full Cycle's Venus de Miles Club

No comments: